Access Virus TI Polar Synthesizer
The new Virus T1 Polar is a synth with the lot! A major overhaul of the features and functions sees the Access Virus stepping up to a new level of creativity and is sure to find a home in many home studios. Increased Polyphony
New synth features for the Virus TI Polar include greatly increased polyphony, 2 new oscillator types, a per-patch programmable arpeggiator, 16 x 2 delay/reverb fx, embedded singles in multi mode, and much more.
In fact, a much bigger Liquid Crystal Display, which can show graphics (128x32 pixels). The Virus TI Polar's display shows up to 4 rows of text and graphics. In most cases three parameters are being displayed at the same time. As a result, there are only 1/3 of the menu pages in comparison to the previous VIRUS series.
The First Sample Accurate Hardware Synth
The Access Virus TI Polar links to your computer with VIRUSControl, a companion software product which ports the hardware synth into a host sequencer for use as a sample-accurate VST/AU instrument, simultaneously offering 2-way audio and MIDI connectivity, control surface functionality, editor and librarian functions, and more.
3 edit knobs underneath the Virus TI Polar's display which can edit three parameters at the same time. The 3 soft knobs can also act as programmable and nameable knobs for every individual patch.
A scalable USB link connects the Virus TI Polar to a Mac or PC for total integration of synth and studio. The VIRUSControl™ plug-in automatically detects and connects the synth, ensuring a hassle-free configuration every time. From inside a host application, the plug-in enables the Virus TI Polar to appear as a multi-channel VST/AU soft-synth with up to 4 sub-mixes (or 2 x stereo). Access' proprietary driver technology makes Virus TI Polar the world's first hardware synthesizer with sample-accuracy timing and a delay-compensated audio/MIDI connection. Seamless interconnectivity also provides a real benefit in the software sequencer environment. All multi-timbral sounds and settings used for a project are stored within it with the plug-in, for snapshot total recall plus editor and librarian functions with no SysEx or 3rd party software hassles.
24-bit 192KHz Balanced Analog, S/PDIF I/O and MIDI
The new Virus TI Polar is also well-equipped to capitalize on the power of Total Integration. With 24-bit 192KHz balanced analog, S/PDIF I/O and MIDI in and out ports, the new Virus TI Polar is well-suited for use as the main audio and MIDI I/O center for your entire rig. These functions are especially practical for the laptop studio, offering an unmatched range of features and capabilities from one product.
Additionally, a new Remote Mode allows the Virus TI Polar to become a control surface for any MIDI-capable device or software, mapping each of the 33 knobs to a specific MIDI message. Virus TI Polar ships with a great selection of templates and includes 32-user memories for custom controller maps. It's a powerful addition that greatly increases the value of the synth's studio footprint.
The Legendary Sound of Access: Evolved
Of course, Virus TI Polar is still a VIRUS, with all the soul of its legendary predecessors, but for Total Integration, the power and performance of the synth engine have been taken to new extremes, thanks to a newly optimized core which delivers unprecedented performance. For starters, polyphony is more than doubled, to 80 voices under average conditions.
And the Virus TI Polar's sound? Phenomenal! Alongside the award-winning VIRUS oscillator models, two completely new types have been added. First is the real Wavetable oscillator model. This unique algorithm can blend waves to create evolving motion or switch between them to create gritty lo-fi textures.
Also new in Virus TI Polar is HyperSaw™. It taps up to 9 parallel sawtooth oscillators (plus 9 optional subs!) for colossal classic layers. The number of voices can be changed smoothly in realtime. Surprisingly, HyperSaw doesn't require additional power or reduce your polyphony! With 9 main plus subs per voice, the Virus TI Polar can play over 1800 oscillators in realtime! Now imagine Access' award winning filters, including MiniMoog cascade emulation, on raw, pulsating WaveTables or insanely fat HyperSaws. With these new features, the Virus has never sounded better!
The Virus TI Polar's Mod Matrix has also been expanded to 6 sources with three destinations each (18 routings total) for greater real-time control and patch programming freedom. The new Knob Quantize Mode syncs the effect of real-time or sequenced parameter changes to a pre-selected clock interval. Changes are updated on the selected pulse and held until the next, resulting in staggered parameter movements like those produced by a step sequencer.
New and existing Virus owners will love the addition of Virus TI Polar's programmable arpeggiator! Users can create and store their own rhythmic pattern in every patch.
Enhanced with new power and resources, Virus TI Polar's Multi Mode now embeds 16 patches for self-contained sounds you can tweak and transform without overwriting your singles or affecting other Multi programs. Use it to build impressive layers, splits, or poly-arps for performance or recording. A mode for use with sequencers is also provided, emulating the classic Multi which loads sounds from within the single banks.
In either case, the complete sound engine is always available to each Multi part, including dedicated delay and separate reverb fx for all 16 sounds. In effect, the full VIRUS TI single modes is replicated 16 times!
Optimization from the Ground Up
Besides adding great convergence and synth engine features, Total Integration is built around a major hardware platform upgrade, sporting a complete redesign inside and out.
A large white graphic display shows multiple parameters at the same time which can be edited using three Soft Knobs. Virus TI Polar features an illuminated logo on the I/O panel (it looks great, and even pulses in sync with the tempo for other musicians or the audience to enjoy).
Also new in Virus TI Polar, a Tap Tempo button helps live VIRUS musicians stay in sync with drummers and turntablists using a sophisticated algorithm based on Access' SyncXtreme technology.
New Dual-DSP Core
Inside Virus TI Polar, a new Dual-DSP core delivers stellar performance with super-low latency. Virus TI Polar also employs studio-grade converters with 192 kHz/24-bit D/A. These are paired with +4 dB balanced inputs and outputs and a switchable soft limiting algorithm, and accompanied by S/PDIF digital stereo output and input as well. The Virus TI Polar's onboard USB port is compatible with USB 2 specifications and works with USB and Hi-Speed USB devices and peripherals.
Last but certainly not least, the onboard memory of the Virus TI Polar has been drastically expanded: 512 RAM patches and 2048 (rewritable) ROM patches plus space for 16 self-contained Multi Mode programs described above. All these new numbers add up to make the Access Virus TI Polar one heck of a synthesizer!
Access TI Polar Features:
- Dual DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load. (Load depends on which oscillator / filter model has been chosen).
- VirusControl™ VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows XP. The remote seamlessly integrates the Virus TI into your sequencer, making it feel just like a plug-in.
- The Virus TI's Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface.
- The Virus TI is the first hardware synthesizer with sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer.
- WaveTable Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds. WaveTable and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed.
- HyperSaw™ oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths - each with parallel sub oscillator per voice (that's over 1800 stereo oscillators @100 voices!).
- Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots.
- 129 parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer.
- 2 multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modelled after the MiniMoog™ cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and self-oscillation).
- Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST / AU plug-ins and external synthesizers.
- 6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and switchable soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities
- Tap tempo button. The algorithm is based on Access' Sync Xtreme technology.
- Programmable arpeggiator pattern for every patch.
- Knob quantize for creating stepped controller movements. The stepping automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock.
- 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from.
- 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes.
- Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable).
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters.
- New multi mode with embedded patches.
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices.
- Quality synth-action keyboard with 37 keys, velocity response and aftertouch.
- 2 pedal inputs.
- Brightly illuminated Access logo on the rear panel and walnut strip underneath the keyboard.