AVID Pace iLok 3 Smart Key
PACE Anti-Piracy Inc, the makers of Pace iLok 3 Smart Key, are announcing the new 3rd generation iLok. Its half the size of an iLok2, its twice as fast as the iLok2 and can hold 3 times as many licenses as the second generation iLok.
Apparently recent advances in chip design and manufacturing processes have enabled the evolution of the new 3rd generation iLok, which is much smaller and designed to be more robust than its predecessors.
The new iLok3 is fully backward compatible with previous versions – so all software developed for use with a 2nd generation iLok will continue to work with a 3rd generation iLok. This means that there should be no need to have to buy an iLok3 for software compatibility, as there are no relevant design changes with the iLok3, unlike the changes from the original iLoks to the iLok2, where a number of brands licenses were no longer compatible with the original iLoks, because of license format changes requiring some users to have to buy an iLok2 to use the latest versions of some software and plugins.
Despite reports to the contrary Pace iLok 3 Smart Key, the makers of iLok, state that since its release 16 years ago, the iLok hardware device has never been compromised.
- Full Metal Jacket - One piece extruded aluminum frame. This iLok will not split or crack under normal circumstances. There is still a blue LED indicator light.
- Embossed Logo - Security with style, an embossed logo makes counterfeiting extremely difficult. End users can purchase with confidence that the device is legit.
- Actual Size - The 3rd Generation iLok measures 1.5 inches x 0.5 inches. It fits into any standard USB port.
- Etched Serial Number - The etched serial number is clearly visible, large and is designed to not easily rub off.
- Security Loop - It is a little wider and stronger, and most desktop security cables should fit through this loop