The Pace iLok Smart Key is a special USB device that holds your licenses for iLok-protected software.
Software publishers use the iLok to provide secure protection for their software. When you run the iLok-protected software, it looks for your license on your attached iLok.
- It's portable - Authorize your software anywhere it is installed. From home, work, or remote location; your licenses are with you, not your computer.
- It's convenient and cross-platform - Store your Mac and Windows iLok-enabled software licenses all on a single iLok. An iLok can hold over 500 licenses (2nd Generation).
- Worry Free - Your licenses are on the safest, most secure solution: the iLok. With Zero Downtime™ available you've got 24/7 peace of mind.
Using iLok.com, you can:
- View what is on your iLok(s)
- Download new licenses from participating software publishers
- Manage your licenses, including moving them between iLoks within your account
- Transfer licenses you no longer use to other iLok.com accounts
What are the major differences between the old iLok and the new one?
- Capacity: the old iLok will hold approximately 100 authorizations; the new iLok will hold around 500
- No License Card Slot: The new iLok will not accommodate legacy license SIM cards that accompany some Avid products. If you want to continue using these cards, you will need to stay with the old iLok.
- Size: The new iLok is smaller than the original iLok. Among other advantages, this allows user to insert iLoks side by side in adjacent USB ports.
- Durability: The original iLok was subjected to an array of torture tests and showed amazing resilience. This time, Pace upped the ante and the new iLok is even better with a tougher, more solid USB connector to add strength.