Behringer X32 Rack Digital Mixer Overview
The X32 Rack is a 40-Input channel, 25-bus digital rack mixer with 16 programmable MIDAS preamps, firewire/USB audio interface and iPad/iPhone remote control.
It can be your top-notch studio recording interface today, control a complex theatre production tomorrow, or sit securely in your side-rack while you’re mixing your band’s club gig from your iPad. The X32 RACK is a revolutionary new product genre that combines finest analog I/O and powerful digital connectivity, with ample processing for 40 channels, 25 buses and up to 152 signal sources.
While every parameter of your mix can be adjusted directly on the X32 RACK through its 800 x 480 graphic UI, networked remote control literally makes room for new possibilities. Several instances of our XControl PC/Mac application, XiControl app for iPad/iPad mini and XiQ app for Phone/iPod touch allow controlling the mix from exactly the place you find most suitable.
16 MIDAS-design mic preamps provide plenty of inputs—and with its dual AES50 ports, X32 RACK can support up to six S16 digital snakes for massive I/O connectivity. 8 powerful stereo FX engines coupled with ultra-flexible routing options make the X32 RACK the ideal choice for handling audio now—and as your needs grow.
TRACKTION 4 puts the fun back into the creative process, so we’re including it free of charge with select BEHRINGER products. This powerful, yet easy-to-use music production software is unlike anything you’ve seen before, putting everything you’ll need on your desktop, on a single-screen – without the sea of drop down and hidden menus common to most other DAWs. And TRACKTION doesn’t limit the number of tracks you can record, or the number of effects you can use. In fact, the only limitation is your Mac or PC computer’s processing power. Recording and editing couldn’t be easier; simply drag, drop, cut, copy or paste. Once your magnum opus is finished, share it with other “Tracktioneers” so they can listen, collaborate and edit.
Behringer X32 Rack Digital Mixer Features
- 40-input channel, 25-bus, 3U rack-mountable digital mixer for live and installed sound application
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, a phones connector and a talkback section with XLR mic input
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- iPad and iPhone apps for professional remote operation available free of charge—no host PC required
- High-resolution 5" day-viewable Colour TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and all 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
- 48-channel Digital Snake ready** via dual AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- ULTRANET connectivity for Behringer's P16 Personal Monitoring System**
- Networked remote control via Ethernet for show setups with on-screen software editor
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge