Serious performance! Five decades of power amp innovation have been rolled into Crown's impressive new XLS Series of amplifiers. Each amplifiers features flexibility you'll appreciate, including multiple inputs, so you can plug in anything anything and play anywhere. First of all, these beasts each weigh less than 12 lbs. — compared to many 40-lb. competitors — yet they sport integrated crossovers, an advanced switched-mode power supply, and Peak-x limiters to protect your entire system. All in all, engineered to meet the most demanding of audio needs — yet priced to fit comfortably into any gigging band's budget — the XLS Series represents a powerful argument for flexibility, performance, and value.
At the heart of each XLS Series power amplifier — the XLS 1000, the XLS 1500, the XLS 2000, and the XLS 2500 — is the integrated DriveCore technology. Class D amps are known for their high efficiency and for being well suited to drive difficult, reactive loads... such as subwoofers. Yet, one problem Class D amps have is that they can suffer impaired performance when they're being fed by unstable AC lines. To overcome this issue, Crown came up with DriveCore — it's a hybrid analog-digital integrated circuit that provides an extremely wide tolerance of sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions. That means, even if you plug into an unreliable wall outlet, you can enjoy consistent performance without affecting audio quality. In short, demanding equipment like lighting rigs and backline gear won't interfere with the sound — as it should be.
Other features on the XLS 2500 — which you're looking at now — include Crown's PureBand Crossover System. With this system, you can vary the crossover frequency, choosing any point between 50Hz and 3kHz on 1/12 octave centers. And with four crossover modes to choose from, you know your needs will be covered. Finally, the XLS 2500 features Crown's Peak-x limiters to help you achieve higher SPL with less audible artifacts. What it comes down to, is that you'll enjoy less distortion, less shutdowns, and maximum safe power delivered to your important speaker investments.
Crown XLS 2500 Power Amplifier Features at a Glance:
- XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D amp weighs less than 11 lbs.
- Integrated PureBand Crossover System for better performance and control
- Peak-x Limiters provide maximum output while protecting your speakers
- XLR, 1/4", RCA inputs provide outstanding flexibility
- Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
- Provides 440W/channel at 8 ohms, 775W/channel at 4 ohms, 1550W at 8 ohms bridged