The PRO-1 Classic is modeled after the worlds top classical guitars and features the same tonewoods used to make the best classical instruments. Classical guitars are renown for offering players incredible tone. And the PRO-1 Classic's balanced sound and PRO features makes it easy for a new player to discover their unique voice" on guitar. The PRO-1 Classic has a Select Cedar top with beautiful 4-layer Black and Ivory binding and features all of the PRO Collection's breakthrough innovations. Epiphone, one of the worlds oldest and most respected guitar makers, has just made playing and learning guitar easy for everyone.
Designed by Professionals to be EASY to PLAY!
Creating a truly easy-to-play guitar wasnt easy. And at Epiphone, we take making a great guitar seriously, no matter what the players level. So, Epiphone rethought the guitar from top to bottom to make an instrument that anyone can play right away. The result is a truly PRO guitar thats easy to play, easy to own, and most importantly, delivers the full, vibrant sound that Epiphone is known for. The PRO-1 Classic is the result of exhaustive analysis, numerous technological innovations, and suggestions from a whos who of professional players. And now its time to play!
EASY TO PLAY FEATURES
The PRO-1 Ultra acoustic/electric guitar has all of the PRO-1 Collections innovative easy-to-play features:
• Less fatigue. Wrap your hand around the PRO-1 Ultra neck and youll immediately feel how comfortable it is. Our new EZ-Profile neck is designed so your hand can easily form chords without feeling fatigued.
• Effortless Fretting. Epiphone JumboPRO frets make fretting notes and chords seem effortless. JumboPRO frets are taller and wider than smaller frets. So, when you push down a string, its easier to make string contact with the fret with less hand fatigue and finger friction.
• Shorter is Easier. Scale length is the distance from the saddle to the nut. The shorter the scale length, the looser the strings feel. Because the PRO-1s scale length is almost 1 shorter than most acoustic guitars, the strings are under less tension so you dont have to press hard to get good tone. And since the frets are closer together-- making chords is easier!
• Make friction fiction. String and fingerboard friction not only slows your playing but also can hurt. Our PRO-Ease string and fingerboard coating provides sleek, smooth action with reduced string noise.
• No pain, no gain? NonsenseEpiphone believes in no pain. Lighter gauge strings are easier to play so every PRO-1 is set-up and equipped with Epiphone Ultra-Light strings.
• Easy action. With Epiphones Dual-Action truss rod, you can adjust the neck in both directions, which not only stabilizes the neck but also makes set-up easier and more precise.
Easy to Use
The PRO-1 Classic is a classical style acoustic guitar with a Select Cedar top. Cedar is one of the "tonewoods" preferred by classical guitar luthiers for its "sweet" and individual sound. The PRO-1s Custom PRO-Prietary Bracing allows the natural tone of the Select Cedar top to ring out with clear highs and balanced lows so a player can easily hear their progress as they develop their guitar vocabulary with chords and runs.
The PRO-1 Classic uses Mahogany for the back, sides, and neck. Mahogany is also a favored tonewood for classical guitars and is a perfect compliment to the Select Cedar top, helping to acoustically amplify the PRO-1 Classics incredible tone and also provide the guitar with a stable foundation in any environment. The beauty of both Cedar and Mahogany gives the PRO-1 Classic a sophisticated profile. Plus, the PRO-1 Classic has a reduced body depth which makes it easy to hold for long hours of playing.
The PRO-Classic has an EZ-Profile D Shape neck with a 1.75 nut width, slightly narrower compared to traditional classical guitars. The narrower spacing makes it easier to reach all the strings when learning chords.
Another innovation the PRO-1 Classic offers is a shorter scale, which makes learning chords faster. PRO-Ease Lubricant makes the neck feel smooth and worn in on your fingers, and JumboPRO frets make it easy to hold down Epiphones custom Light Gauge Classical strings.
A guitar that plays this easy has to be able to get in tune and stay in tune fast. The PRO-1 Classic features Epiphone Deluxe tuners, which have 16:1 ratio tuning gears that help make finding the right pitch quick and intuitive. Ordinary classical guitar tuners have only a 14:1 ratio, which makes fine tuning difficult, as the string never quite settles in the right place. But tuning is easy with the PRO-1 Classic because the higher 16:1 gear ratio lets you adjust your tuning with greater precision so its easier to find the right pitch and stay there.
• All PRO-1 features including JumboPRO frets, EZ-Profile D neck, dual action truss rod, and and humidifier
• On-line lessons from eMedia on-line lessons
• Beautiful classical tone with Cedar top
• Top: Solid Cedar; Custom PRO-Prietary Bracing
• Body: Select Mahogany; Reduced body depth; 4/4 size
• NeckMahogany; EZ-Profile D Shape neck
• Truss Rod: Dual-Action
• Neck Joint: Glued-In
• Fingerboard: Rosewood; PRO-Ease Lubricant
• FBrd Inlay: None
• Headstock: Sloped Dovewing with historic Epiphone metal badge
• Frets10; JumboPRO
• Nut: GraphTech NuBone
• Nut Width: 1.75"
• Scale Length: 25.60
• Tuners: 16:1 ratio Epiphone "Deluxe" Classical
• Strings: Epiphone Ultra-Light Classical (28-42)
• Bridge: Rosewood
• Binding: Body Top - 4-Layer; Ivory/Black
• Body Back 1-Layer; Ivory
• Fingerboard 1-Layer; Ivory
• Saddle: GraphTech NuBone
• Strap Buttons: Yes
• Hardware: Chrome
• Includes: Beginners Guide to Guitar booklet by Craig Anderton
eMedia on-line lessons
• Colors: Blueburst, Ebony, Natural, Vintage Sunburst, Wine Red
• Optional: AccessoryPRO Steel Kit (#E-ACCPRO)