The PRO-1 Plus comes with a Solid Spruce top for superior sound with beautiful 5-layer Ivory and Black binding just like Epiphones vintage classics and features all of the PRO Collection's breakthrough innovations. Epiphone, one of the worlds oldest and most respected guitar makers, has just made playing and learning guitar easy for everyone.
Designed by Professionals to be EASY to PLAY!
Creating a truly easy-to-play guitar wasnt easy. And at Epiphone, we take making a great guitar seriously, no matter what the players level. So Epiphone rethought the guitar from top to bottom to make an instrument that anyone can play right away. The result is a truly PRO guitar thats easy-to-play, easy-to-own, and most importantly, delivers the full, vibrant sound that Epiphone is known for. The PRO-1 Plus acoustic guitar is the result of exhaustive analysis, numerous technological innovations, and suggestions from a whos who of professional players. And now its time to play!
EASY TO PLAY FEATURES
The PRO-1 Ultra acoustic/electric guitar has all of the PRO-1 Collections innovative easy-to-play features:
• Less fatigue. Wrap your hand around the PRO-1 Ultra neck and youll immediately feel how comfortable it is. Our new EZ-Profile neck is designed so your hand can easily form chords without feeling fatigued.
• Effortless Fretting. Epiphone JumboPRO frets make fretting notes and chords seem effortless. JumboPRO frets are taller and wider than smaller frets. So, when you push down a string, its easier to make string contact with the fret with less hand fatigue and finger friction.
• Shorter is Easier. Scale length is the distance from the saddle to the nut. The shorter the scale length, the looser the strings feel. Because the PRO-1s scale length is almost 1 shorter than most acoustic guitars, the strings are under less tension so you dont have to press hard to get good tone. And since the frets are closer together-- making chords is easier!
• Make friction fiction. String and fingerboard friction not only slows your playing but also can hurt. Our PRO-Ease string and fingerboard coating provides sleek, smooth action with reduced string noise.
• No pain, no gain? NonsenseEpiphone believes in no pain. Lighter gauge strings are easier to play so every PRO-1 is set-up and equipped with Epiphone Ultra-Light strings.
• Easy action. With Epiphones Dual-Action truss rod, you can adjust the neck in both directions, which not only stabilizes the neck but also makes set-up easier and more precise.
Easy to Use
The PRO-1 Plus is a dreadnought style acoustic guitar with a Solid Spruce top. The Dreadnought design is one of the most revered styles of acoustic instruments. For acoustic guitars, a Solid Spruce top is one of the most popular tonewoods and one that Epiphone has used to make superb acoustic instruments since the 1930s. The PRO-1 Plus also features 5-layer Ivory and Black binding around the body top and Ivory binding on the body back and fingerboard for the same classic look found on historic Epiphones like the Inspired by 1964 Texan. For your PRO-1 Plus, youll find that over time, a Solid Spruce top will develop an even bigger voice as it ages, giving players that classic vintage Epiphone sound that has inspired everyone from The Beatles to Gary Clark Jr.
While traditional-sized dreadnoughts can be difficult for a new player to get used to, the PRO-1 Plus sets a new standard with a reduced body depth, which makes the PRO-1 Plus easy to hold for long hours of playing.
Another innovation the PRO-1 Plus offers is a shorter scale, which makes learning chords and licks faster. PRO-Ease Lubricant makes the neck feel smooth and worn in on your fingers, and JumboPRO frets make it easy to hold down Epiphones custom light gauge strings.
• All PRO-1 features including JumboPRO frets, EZ-Profile D neck, dual action truss rod, and and humidifier
• Classic dreadnought style with Solid Spruce top for superior sound
• Beautiful 5-layer Ivory and Black binding
• On-line lessons from eMedia on-line lessons
• Top: Solid Spruce; Custom PRO-Prietary Bracing
• Body: Select Mahogany; Reduced body depth
• Neck: Mahogany; EZ-PRO C Shape Profile
• Truss Rod: Dual-Action
• Trod Cover: White; PVC
• Neck Joint: Glued-In
• Fingerboard: Rosewood; PRO-Ease Lubricant
• FBrd Inlay: Dots; frets 3,5,7,9,12,15 and 17
• Headstock: Sloped Dovewing with historic Epiphone metal badge
• Fret: 20; JumboPRO
• Nut: GraphTech NuBone
• Nut Width: 1.68"
• Scale Length: 24.75
• Tuners: 18:1 ratio Epiphone "Deluxe"
• Strings: Epiphone Ultra-Light (9-47)
• Bridge: Rosewood
• Binding: Body Top - 5 Layer; Ivory/Black
• Body Back 1 Layer; Ivory
• Fingerboard 1 Layer; Ivory
• Pickguard: Black; Scratchless
• Saddle: GraphTech NuBone; Compensated
• Strap Buttons: Yes
• Hardware: Chrome
- Beginners Guide to Guitar booklet by Craig Anderton
- eMedia on-line lessons
• Colors: Blueburst, Ebony, Natural, Vintage Sunburst, Wine Red
• Optional: AccessoryPRO Steel Kit (#E-ACCPRO)