Golden Age Project EQ-73 One-channel vintage style 3-band equalizer
The class-A circuit used in the EQ-73 is similar to the eq section in the classical 1073 module, without the high pass filter. Additional frequencies have been added and the mid frequency band uses two inductors, the higher value of the second one is used for the two lowest frequencies, 160 Hz and 240 Hz, to achieve a suitable response. The sound character is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
- Vintage Style electronics. No intergrated circuits in the signal path
- 3-band with a dual inductor based mid frequency band
- Stepped frequency selection
- A wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz
- Control range up to +/- 18 dB
- Separate Bypass switches for each band
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Made to be used together with one of our PRE-73 models with an Insert jack or any other unit with a low level Insert jack
- TRS jack for in-and output connection, the nominal working level is around 18 dBu
- Selectable ground lift switch
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
Derringers Music in Adelaide is South Australia’s best place to shop for all your Golden Age studio accessories and music creation tools.
Review "Golden Age GOL-EQ73 One channel vintage style 3-band equalizer"
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in