The sweet-toned, nylon-stringed ukulele originated in the 19th century in Hawaii. It gained great popularity in the U.S. during the early in 20th century and from there spread internationally.
Ibanez is pleased to add the pantheon of this popular instrument with the UEW12E which features a flame maple body with a cutaway and C shape neck that makes it even easier to access all frets for fun solos when you're not just strumming along as well as an under saddle pickup and built-in preamp for plugged in situations.
Other appointments include a plastic saddle and nut, abalone rosette and chrome open gear tuners.
- body shape - Cutaway Concert Style EW body
- top - Flamed Maple top
- back & sides - Flamed Maple back & sides
- neck - Mahogany neck
- fretboard - Rosewood
- bridge - Rosewood
- body binding - Balck
- inlay - Maple dot inlay
- soundhole rosette - Maple
- tuning machine - Grover® Chrome Open Gear tuner w/Black Knob
- number of frets - 19
- saddle material - Compensated saddle
- strings - Ibanez/Aquila® NYLBLACK Ukulele strings
- pickup - Ibanez Under Saddle Pickup
- preamp - Ibanez UK-300T w/Onboard tuner
- output jack - 1/4" Endpin Jack
- battery - 2032 size Coin Lithium Battery (3V) *2
- finish top - Open pore
- finish back and sides - Open pore
- finish neck back - Open pore