Meet the new instrument plug-in powerhouse for your studio. Inspired by legendary subtractive synthesizers, MX4 combines several core synthesis techniques in a unified, hybrid synthesis engine that delivers fresh and vintage sounds alike.
As you explore its many banks and hundreds of presets, you'll soon rely on MX4 as your "go-to" instrument. Fat basses, nasty leads, analog pads, vintage electronica — it's all at your fingertips and conveniently saved with your host application projects for instant recall.
Tweaking sounds is fast and easy with clearly presented controls in one window — but with a depth and sophistication true synth programmers will appreciate. Create your music with pristine 32-bit sound quality, unlimited voices and unlimited polyphony (as much as your host computer allows). MX4's flexible programming and advanced modulation architecture provide the intimacy of a vintage synth, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the innovation of a virtual synth.
- Multi-architecture synthesis engine — wavetable, frequency modulation (FM), amplitude modulation (AM) & analog emulation.
- Unlimited voices, polyphony and instantiations (as many as your host computer allows).
- Sample-accurate playback (with host applications that support this OS X feature).
- Plug-in convenience — all settings are saved with host software projects for instant recall.
- Modulatable effects – built-in chorus, phaser, flanger, reverb, and delay effects are integrated into MX4’s modulation architecture and are saved as part of the patch.
- Three wavetable oscillators — choose from over 90 wavetables with or without aliasing.
- Audio input — process any audio signal with MX4’s flexible synthesis engine in real time.
- Modulatable waveform symmetry — create and automate dynamic changes in harmonics.
- Oscillator sync — create hard sync effects, just like the legendary Sequential Circuits Prophet Five™ and other classic polysynths.
- Frequency modulation (FM) — oscillator 3 serves as an FM source for oscillator 1, oscillator 2 and the filters.
- Two resonant multimode filters — use low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch filters with 4 slope settings for a total of 16 different filter types. Create a wide variety of vintage keyboard sounds. Or stack both filters for 48dB per octave.
- Variable Filter Topology™ — use 14 different filter and distortion configurations to produce over 3,000 different filter topologies, before you even begin tweaking filter parameters.
- Six variable waveshape LFOs — each includes adjustable symmetry, rate delay, fade & phase.
- Four DADSHR envelopes. Envelope time segments adjustable from 0 to 20 seconds.
- Modulation sources — all continuously variable parameters, including LFOs and envelopes, can be modulated by many sources, including track automation, MIDI controllers, LFOs & envelopes. Simply choose a source from a menu and then option-click the MX4 knob or fader that you wish to control with it.
- Open modulation architecture — each source can modulate an unlimited number of parameters simultaneously, providing the highest degree of programming flexibility possible. Conversely, any parameter can be simultaneously modulated by multiple sources.