Produce the whole instrumental track in MASCHINE and then move it in seconds to your DAW for final arranging and mixing.
- As a plug-in, MASCHINE retains all of its capabilities including total recall and routing up to 16 stereo outs to your host's mixer
- Host Transport Control – run MASCHINE as a plug-in, and the transport controls on the hardware control transport in your DAW
- Drag and drop audio or MIDI files directly to your DAW, or drag samples directly from your computer into MASCHINE’s sound slots
- Export note events as MIDI files
- Import iMASCHINE projects, REX files and MPC programs
- Group Macro Controls: Assign any parameter of the dedicated group (i.e. filter, envelope, any effect parameter) to the 8 knobs on the hardware or to your host sequencer for automation
- Instant navigation: Open several instances of MASCHINE in your host sequencer and easily switch between them using just one controller
- Add MASCHINE MIKRO to your setup in parallel with MASCHINE – for additional hands-on control of your DAW
- Conveniently bounce songs or individual patterns as 8-, 16- and 24-bit WAV files, or drag and drop them directly to your DAW
WHAT'S NEW IN MASCHINE 1.8 / MK2
The new color-coding lets you ‘see’ your sounds, and it will turbo-charge your workflow.
Simply assign colors to the groups, sounds, patterns, and scenes, and see the pads and group buttons on the hardware light up in the same colors. Make your kick drums red, for example, and you’ll always know which pads play your kicks. Add some color to your performances
MASCHINE’s renowned pads are now even better, with unparalleled response, dynamics and sensitivity. A new level of precision at your fingertips, for optimized playability and expression – set the velocity scale to suit your own personal playing style.
The 47 white, backlit click-buttons provide direct physical response. And with the new colored transport controls, the MK2 hardware provides a wealth of physical and visual excitement for intuitive beat making
When MASCHINE 1.8 is released, all MASCHINE users will get the full version of the modern legend MASSIVE – the synth that gave birth to the earth-shuddering bass tones and speaker-troubling leads that have defined the bass music genre. This monster synth contains 1,300 ready-to-go sounds, all instantly browseable via the MASCHINE hardware.
MASCHINE’s eight control knobs offer direct access to MASSIVE’s eight Macro controls, for perfect synergy between hardware and synthesizer, and a lightning-fast workflow.
The Master section has been redesigned. Control volume, tempo and swing with the new multifunction master push encoder – select modes with the new toggle buttons and accurately click through values without having to look at the screen or display.
Navigating and scrubbing are much easier, and changing note pitch and detailed tweaking becomes extra-precise thanks to the encoder’s superb physical response
The MASCHINE 1.8 software includes time stretch and pitch shift capability. Stretch smoothly from one BPM to another, aided by the automatic BPM detection. Or stretch your audio to a specific length – to fit one sample to the same length as another, for example.
What’s more, make your beats match harmonically, by tuning your samples with the pitch shift function.
The latest free software update includes new effects, specially selected for beat production. TRANSIENT MASTER, NI’s hugely popular dynamics and mixing effect, has now been fully integrated in the MASCHINE 1.8 software.
Ideal for positioning drums and percussion, it lets you mix from front to back, giving each sample exactly the right amount of space. New Tube, Tape Saturator and Tube Saturator effects bring the secrets of analog warmth and natural, harmonic compression to MASCHINE, for even greater sound coloring potential.
The new hardware is a leap forward in usability, reliability and aesthetics. The inverted displays provide higher contrast, a better viewing angle for performance or studio, and a sharper look in dark environments.
Slightly heavier than before, the controller also works better in a studio set-up and on stage due to the re-worked layout of the controller’s USB-connector and MIDI I/O – less risk of accidental unplugging. Plus, new rubber feet mean increased grip on the desktop, keeping the hardware firmly in place during even the most aggressive beat routines.
Match your style – the new MASCHINE hardware has an exchangeable magnetic faceplate. The black edition has a black plate with black knobs, the white edition has a silver faceplate with white knobs.
Bring on the MASCHINE CUSTOM KITS – available in five eye-catching color schemes, each provides a new faceplate and matching knobs. Changing the faceplate and knobs is easy – customize your MASCHINE for a whole new look in seconds.
*Please note that this feature isn’t compatible with Pro Tools.
Experienced and new MASCHINE producers alike will appreciate the big time savings from these workflow improvements in the free MASCHINE 1.8 software update:
- Host transport control: Running the MASCHINE software as a plug-in in your DAW*, use the transport buttons on the MASCHINE hardware to control transport in the host software. Important: Requires the latest version of the NI Controller Editor.
- New Browser sample preview mode: Easily scroll through the browser list and pre-hear samples without loading them.
- Revised select screen: Now includes individual note length and velocity editing.
- Auto-write pinning: Pin the Auto-Write button for improved automation recording – tweak with two hands!
- New hardware shortcuts: Select and erase events quickly and easily.
- Panic button: Immediately cuts off all sound from MASCHINE.
- Improved missing sample handling: Now locates files per project – point the MASCHINE software to the location for one missing file, and it automatically resolves other related missing files.
- Sampler play position indicator: See the play marker in the sampler wave display – also shown in the hardware display.
- Save Group with samples: Now you have the option to save Group with samples.
With the 1.7 update, a new level of integration and intuitive workflow is achieved thanks to MASCHINE's support of NATIVE INSTRUMENT's new ‘NIS" sound format. With version 1.6 you could already use your VST/AU plug-ins inside MASCHINE, but now with 1.7, you can even browse and load the plug-in presets from all KOMPLETE 8 versions - KOMPLETE ELEMENTS, KOMPLETE 8, and KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE – directly inside the MASCHINE hardware browser. This means you can operate MASCHINE fully without ever having to touch your mouse or keyboard – keeping your focus on the creative flow.
Use any Native Instruments or 3rd party VST or Audio Units plug-ins directly inside MASCHINE. You can even hook up combinations: e.g. load MASSIVE* to Slot 1 and GUITAR RIG* to Slot 2 – and tweak them both from the hardware controller - the parameters are automatically mapped to the knobs on the MASCHINE hardware.
To get you started using plug-ins inside MASCHINE a free copy of KOMPLETE ELEMENTS is included with this update. KOMPLETE ELEMENTS comprises over 1,000 stunning sounds drawn from the flagship KOMPLETE software bundle, including KONTAKT’s vintage ABBEY ROAD drum kit and Vienna Symphonic orchestral instruments, six REAKTOR synthesizers and 35 GUITAR RIG amps and effects.
In addition to plug-in hosting, many other new improvements have been made. These include pad-link, swing per sound, internal drag and drop of audio, renaming of clips, duplication improvements, and 16 stereo outputs.
Any pads in the same link group can trigger each other – play multiple sounds such as two snares and a clap by hitting just one pad. Select one or more pads to be the master, and others in the group to follow as the slaves - perfect for musicians using MASCHINE in a live context.
Swing allows for rhythmic shifting of a pattern, creating a shuffled, live feel.
Swing can now also be applied to individual sounds in MASCHINE 1.6, rather than just at the Group or Master level.
The architecture of MASCHINE’s module slots have been modified to allow great freedom and flexibility, with instrument and effect plug-ins now selectable in the first module position - select either Sampler, Input, MIDI Out or Plug-ins for the first module slot and use the remaining slots to host any combination of effects, external or internal.
Now you can drag-and-drop single or multiple files into MASCHINE directly from your operating system, and build up your own customized library of samples.
Plus it's now easy to move audio within MASCHINE from one location to another - great for converting a Group to audio to free up resources in MASCHINE.
- Extended audio channels: Now 16 stereo outputs
- Renaming objects (now clips, scenes and samples can be renamed inside MASCHINE)
- Full 64-bit compatibility (incl. VST Mac)
- Duplication improvements: Duplicate Scenes along with the pattern events
- Mapping improvement when dragging multiple samples (similar to KONTAKT)
- Snap events to grid, when moving with mouse
- REX 2 import