Nord Electro 4D Digital Piano Organ
The new Nord Electro 4 series feature everything from the award winning Electro 3 series, adding the acclaimed new Nord C2D tone wheel engine and 122 Rotary Speaker simulation, USB MIDI and more!
- Three models
- Nord C2D B3 tone wheel simulation NEW
- Improved Key Click and Percussion NEW
- 122 Rotary Speaker simulation NEW
- Vox and Farfisa organ simulations
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- String Resonance (Gen 1)
- Long Release
- Nord Sample Library compatible
- Powerful Effect section
- 4 Live Locations/Program Banks
- Extended Control Pedal Support
- USB MIDI NEW
- 2X Memory for Nord Sound Libraries
(Electro 4 SW73/HP Only) NEW
Electro 4 vs Electro 3
Comparison Chart (PDF)
The Nord Electro 4 features the B3 tone wheel organ engine from our flagship organ Nord C2D and includes a redesigned Key Click simulation as well as the Rotary Speaker simulation of a vintage 122 unit with a great new overdrive. The percussion model has been improved to offer increased control over the percussion levels when playing near-legato. Naturally, the vibrato and chorus scanners have been carefully modeled to be just as alive as the tone wheels.
The Farfisa* and Vox* models are just as impressive as the B3, simulating the behavior and unique response of the original instruments. The Farfisa Compact Deluxe, considered by many to be the mother of transistor organs, involves routing matrixes and complex filter combinations that offer a tailored sound with massive energy and high-end.
The Vox* Continental's brute design brings you a more hollow tone, but with a very intense character. Both these transistor organs have their own unique, irreplaceable personalities. Combine them with any of the Amp simulations, add some distortion, adjust the EQ and they will definitely get you through any organ gig with flying colors.
The Nord Electro 4D is fitted with physical drawbars of the same type as on our flagship organ, the Nord C2D, perfect for actively shaping the sound on the fly.
The Nord Electro 4 SW73 & HP organ section is identical in features but sports our Digital LED Drawbars.
The organ can be split, for compact dual manual action and its even possible to assign the lower manual to a second MIDI keyboard. Inputs for a Swell pedal and Rotary Speaker control are also available.
The Nord Electro 4 comes loaded with a selection of amazing sounds from the Nord Piano Library - our specialized library for Grand, Upright and Electrical Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords.
All the sounds have been recorded using our state-of-the-art sampling techniques to capture the extraordinary nuances and unique characters of the source instruments and covers everything from brilliant, factory new Grand Pianos to detuned upright bar pianos with tons of charm.
The entire Nord Piano Library is included on DVDs and new additions can be downloaded free on the Nord Piano Library page. Replacing the sounds is simply a matter of dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows.
The Long Release feature is suitable for legato playing styles and the String Resonance (Gen 1) feature on Grand and Upright Pianos can be turned off when desired.
185 MB of the Electro 4D memory is dedicated to Nord Piano Library sounds.
Nord Electro 4 SW73 & HP feature 380 MB of memory for the Nord Piano Library
Nord Electro 4 SW73 & HP also feature 4 Dynamic Response Curves for customizing the keyboard response to your playing style.
Nord Sample Library and Sample Editor
The Nord Electro 4 series support the Nord Sample Library, giving you access to our exclusively licensed Mellotron and Chamberlin sounds and a wide selection of quality sounds from leading sample producers. See the Nord Sample Library section to learn more and listen to the more than 1000 the sounds currently available! The Nord Sample library is updated on a regular basis and all new additions can be downloaded for free!
The included Nord Sample Editor makes it possible to add any sound you want to your Electro 4. The Sample Editor can use audio files in the .wav format and has great tools to assist you in getting the results you want. Mapping several samples across the keyboard or creating seamless loops has never been easier.
The Nord Electro 4D has 68 MB of memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library. Our efficient, lossless compression algorithm makes it's possible for us to fit samples up to three times the size compared to standard linear sample players.
The Electro 4 SW73 & HP feature 128 MB of memory for the Nord Sample Library.
The Nord Electro 4 Effect section features great, tweakable effects for instantly adding some dirt, glimmer or atmosphere to your sound.
The Amp/Speaker simulation now features the same Vintage 122 Rotary Speaker simulations as found in our flagship organ, Nord C2D. Also, there's a flexible Stereo Delay effect with Tap-Tempo and Ping-Pong mode.
- Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Auto-wah (stereo)
- Effect 2 - Phaser, Flanger and Chorus (stereo)
- Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button and Ping-Pong mode
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
- Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Rotary and Compressor
- Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft
Each Fatar keybed is meticulously calibrated at the Nord factory to ensure an even response over the whole range.
Hammer Action Portable (HP)
The HP keybed uses amazingly portable weighted hammer action piano keys. Perfect for electric and acoustic piano sounds, although the High Trigger-point mode even works great for organ playing.
Key range E-E.
Semi Weighted Waterfall (SW)
This keybed type uses semi weighted organ type keys with a rounded "waterfall" tip, brilliant for rapid organ shredding and synthesizer licks, but also plays nice with piano sounds.
Key range C-C on Electro 4D SW61 and F-F on Electro 4 SW73.
Changing, editing and storing presets is a breeze with there is also 4 Live memory locations that automatically saves what you're doing. The Program memory can hold 128 different Programs, organized in 32 Pages with 4 Programs each.
All Nord instruments have dedicated knobs and buttons for all vital functions to keep the interface simple and easy to use during a performance. Functions only accessible through menus are printed on the panel for easy overview.
- Nord Electro 4D SW61: 61-key (5 octaves, C-C) Velocity sensitive Semi Weighted Waterfall keyboard
- Nord Electro 4 SW73: 73-key (6 octaves, F-F) Velocity sensitive Semi Weighted Waterfall keyboard
- Nord Electro 4 HP: 73-key (6 octaves, E-E) Velocity sensitive Hammer Action Portable keyboard
Memory Nord Electro 4D SW61
- 185 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- 68 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library
Memory Nord Electro 4 SW73/HP
- 380 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- 128 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library
- The Piano Section has 5 categories - Grand, Upright, EPiano 1 (tine), Epiano 2 (reed) & Clav/Harpsichord. Each category can contain several different models.
- All pianos and samples can be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager application
- String Resonance-control (Gen 1)
- Long Release
- The Sample Library section can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 Voices polyphony for Piano Library sounds. 15 Voices for Sample Library sounds.
- Three classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony
- B3 Tone Wheel Organ engine from Nord C2D Combo Organ
- Two complete organ registrations for every program
- Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model
- User adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and key click level
- Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa)
- 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" desired
- MIDI Split: By connecting an extra MIDI keyboard the Nord Electro 4 can be used as a dual manual (Lower/Upper) organ with different drawbar settings for each manual
- Nord Electro 4D: 9 physical drawbars
- Nord Electro 4 SW73/HP: Digital LED drawbars
- Effect 1 - pan, tremolo, auto-wah, pedal-wah and ring modulator
- Three selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Control pedal assigned to pedal-wah and ring modulator depth
- Effect 2 - phaser, flanger and chorus
- Three selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, compressor and rotary speaker
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Rotary speed controls - Slow, Fast and Stopped
- Close or Normal microphone placement for 122 Rotary Speaker simulation
- User adjustable rotary treble and bass rotor speeds and acceleration rates
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Delay Effect - Rate, Amount, Tap-tempo and Stereo Ping Pong
- Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft
- Dry/Wet control
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Control pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm T
- 1 Sustain pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal,
- 1 Rotary Speaker speed switch pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Piano and Sample Library DVDs.
- Nord Electro 4D SW61: 900 mm (35.4") x 100 mm (3.9") x 300 mm (11.8")
- Nord Electro 4 SW73: 1120 mm (44.1"), 100 mm (3.9"), 300 mm (11.8")
- Nord Electro 4 HP: 1078 mm (42.4"), 121 mm (4.8"), 344 mm (13.5")
- Nord Electro 4D SW61: 7.65 kg (15.3 lbs)
- Nord Electro 4 SW73: 9.1 kg (18.2 lbs)
- Nord Electro 4 HP: 11 kg (24.25 lbs)