Championship Maple PMT Tenor
There is no other sound in the world of Marching Arts like the Pearl Championship Tenors. Designed with today's most renowned Drum & Bugle Corps, the Pearl Championship Tenors offer a 6 ply 100% Maple shell. This drum is the perfect compliment to our FFZ snare drums. 2.3mm Steel SuperHoop II rims are anchored in place by high strength 6mm case-hardened tension bolts. Lightweight aluminum lug casings provide extreme strength and evenly disperse head pressure when aggressively tuned. All sets include 40mm aluminum spacers between drums for even weight dispersions and improved playability.
|6 Ply 100% Maple shell|
- 100% Maple shells give strength and richness of sound
|Extra deep shells with Sonic Cut|
- Maximizes resonance and increases focus and projection
|Rounded bearing edges|
- Designed to easily withstand today's super high tensioning.
|2.3mm SuperHoop II|
- Increased strength and durability
|Redesigned aluminum alloy tension casings|
- With new sleek appearance and substantially reduced weight provides years of dependable service
|8 tension casings on the 12" and 13" (instead of 6)|
- Improved tuning accuracy and even dispersion of tension
|6mm case hardened tension bolts|
- Permits the highest tension without failure performance after performance
|40mm tom spacers|
- Allows "close-in" positioning for improved playing ergonomics and better weight distribution
- 3 year warranty on shell. The best in the industry
Championship Maple Tenor Shells have a natural balance of mid to high frequencies that set the industry standard and changed the face of corps competition. Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology is used to make a 6-ply shell out of maple, the drum industry’s premium for dynamic range, sensitivity, and unsurpassed projection.
These six plies are then enhanced with 2-ply support rings to add tremendous shell stability and shape integrity. Fully rounded bearing edges provide full head to shell contact, increase kinetic energy transfer to the shell, and create maximum shell resonance. In addition, Pearl’s tenors are scientifically proportioned from diameter to depth, allowing optimum shell vibration. All of these details create Pearl’s extraordinary tenor sound.
Pearl’s utilizes a proprietary technique for achieving the ultimate air chamber. It begins with select woods chosen for their unique acoustic attributes, milled to precise thickness with overlapping scarf joint seams, for a perfect air-tight fit. The wood plies are saturated with Pearl’s proprietary “AcoustiGlue” that permeates every pore and dries to the exact consistency of the wood for optimum resonance. Finally, the plies are formed in high-temperature molds with 1000 PSI of hydraulic pressure to produce perfect drum shells that exhibit superior tone, optimal resonance and extreme strength.