Pioneer DDJSZ Four Channel Premium Serato DJ Controller
Taking a lead from technology and know-how cultivated through development of professional DJ equipment, the DDJ-SZ is a DJ controller with the same level of operability as Pioneer’s professional DJ equipment. Authentic DJ performances can be given as though playing with a component DJ system combining multi-player and mixer.
The DDJ-SZ features a “BIG JOG” with a diameter of 206mm – the same as that of the “CDJ-2000NXS” pro DJ/club-oriented multi player – with excellent operability. Precise scratch performances have been made possible with the inclusion of an “ON JOG DISPLAY” in the center of the JOG, showing the playback status and position. The popular “JOG FEELING ADJUST” feature from the CDJ series also returns, so users can adjust to their liking the control load and continuous backspin time, etc. during scratch performances. The DDJ-SZ also features the industry’s fastest JOG response time (the time from operation of the JOG until the operation signal is transmitted to the software), enabling scratch performances exactly as intended.
The DDJ-SZ inherits its control parts layout from Pioneer's professional-oriented DJM series, which is used in clubs around the world. With a simple, easy-to-understand layout, and generous spaces between each control part, the DDJ-SZ delivers comfortable, dynamic controls. Also, level meters are positioned next to the control interface for the master and each channel, so the input and output levels can be ascertained instantly during performance.
Large rubber “PERFORMANCE PADS” have been positioned at the front of the unit for control of functions such as HOT CUE and SAMPLER. As well as being able to apply arrangements to music with dynamic actions such as hits and rolls, the audio volume of these actions can be made stronger or weaker depending on the strength with which the pads are hit. Also, the colour and on/off status of the multicolour illuminations built into each pad make it possible to determine the mode of the selected pad and the performance status of all pads at a glance.
Two sound cards and USB ports enable two computers to be connected at the same time. A dedicated A/B button on each side of the controller enables DJs to split the controller and assign each half between the two USB ports for seamless DJ handovers with no more awkward gaps in the music.
DJs can enjoy even more creative freedom thanks to a high/low pass filter on every channel, including the two MIC channels and sampler, plus Master channel, while each effects can be fine-tuned using the large rotary parameter dial. High-quality FX include the new Oscillator– Noise, Siren, Cymbal and Horn – as well as popular Sound Colour FX – Pitch, Echo, Jet and Filter
The DDJ-SZ is equipped with an “OSCILLATOR” that emits four types of sound (NOISE, SIREN, CYMBAL, HORN). Simply select the type of sound you want to output and turn the knob to produce new developments in the music by overlaying sounds on top of the music being played, further emphasising exciting parts of the music, and so on.
The DDJ-SZ includes four types of “SOUND COLOUR FX” functions (PITCH, JET, ECHO, FILTER), which are a popular part of the DJM series. Various effects can be added to the music simply by turning the knob, opening up the possibility of a diverse range of remixes. It is also possible to synchronise ECHO to the BPM of the music being played by obtaining BPM information from “Serato DJ”.
The four external inputs allow DJs to connect CDJs and turntables and use the DDJ-SZ as a stand-alone four-channel mixer. In addition, the unit has two dedicated MIC inputs with Hi/Low EQ, enabling voice MCing without sacrificing mixer channels. Plus two Master Out ports (balanced and RCA) and one balanced Booth Out port mean DJs can connect to a variety of PA set-ups.
The DDJ-SZ is equipped with Pioneer’s own magnetic crossfader for smooth, steady control. Two metal shafts support the fader knobs, while the robust contact-free magnetic system can be used more than 10 million times. The operational load, fader curve and cut lag can be adjusted to suit the DJ’s preference
The DDJ-SZ inherits high quality audio circuitry from Pioneer DJ’s pro-DJ equipment, including two built-in 24-bit sound cards, a precision engineered Wolfson DAC providing a signal-to-noise ratio of 111 dB on the Master Out to ensure incredibly pure sound reproduction
- Full sized 'CDJ 2000' jog dials for accurate performance
- Mixer parts using the same layout as in professional DJM models
- Large performance pads for dynamic performance and comfortable controls
- Two USB sound cards for smooth DJ handovers
- Four types of “SOUND COLOUR FX” functions (PITCH, JET, ECHO, FILTER)
- New “OSCILLATOR” that emits four types of sound (NOISE, SIREN, CYMBAL, HORN)
- Supports DVS control and can be used as a stand-alone mixer
- Pioneer exclusive "Magvel" crossfader for enhanced operability and durability
- All buttons and knobs, as well as the sound card, are “Plug and Play” – configured in advance to work with “Serato DJ”
- Top plate and jog wheels built with a stylish aluminium stylish
- Slip Mode for precision scratching
- Needle Search: touch strip for intuitive, fast searches
- "P-Lock" Fader Caps are impossible to pull off in the heat of a mix.
- "Auto Standby” function switches to standby mode when a state of no use or no input continues for a certain period of time.
Serato DJ Features
- The latest DJ software Serato DJ (free to download) offers a truly unique DJing experience
- In addition to 4-deck and sampler functions, the latest “Serato DJ” software from Serato also comes with “SLIP MODE”, and FX powered by iZotope to arrange tracks in a wide variety of styles.
- DJing function that allows tracks to continue playing in the background while other tracks are looped, scratched or hot cued, without affecting the original track.
- High quality FX newly developed by iZotope. With the new effects, DJ can apply more creative and more unique arrangement to the music.
- 8 hot cue points can be set in each deck.
- Vertical waveform display to visually sync the tempo.