Roland's Jupiter-8 synthesiser is back, in the JP-08 sound module. Part of Roland's Boutique Series of synth modules, the JP-08 uses Roland's Analog Circuit Behavior modeling to faithfully re-create the tone and sound-design potential of one of the world's most iconic synthesizers. And even synth purists at Derringers Music are pleased to see some welcome enhancements, such as more LFO waveforms and expanded VCO range. You get ample hands-on control, a built-in 16-step sequencer, and true portability. Best of all, the Roland JP-08 four-voice synth module sounds as huge as the original Jupiter did.
Roland JP-08 Four-voice Synthesizer Module at a Glance:
36 knobs and sliders for hands-on sound creation
- 36 knobs and sliders for hands-on sound creation
- Enhanced with more LFO waveforms and VCO range
- Create huge eight-voice sounds by chaining two modules together
- Portable music production with 16-step, 16-pattern step sequencer
- Combine with Roland's K-25m keyboard dock for a complete mini synth
Fans of the original Jupiter-8 will feel right at home with the Roland JP-08 module. An array of knobs and sliders gives you immediate access to all the parameters you need to create huge pads, leads, and basses. Touch strips for pitch bend and modulation complete this compact module's ample control set.
Enhanced with more LFO waveforms and VCO range
The Roland JP-08 expands the capabilities of its predecessor by giving you more LFO options. In addition to sine, saw, square, and random waveforms, you now have triangle and noise waveforms too. VCO 1 now has sine and noise waveforms as well as the original triangle, saw, square, and pulse.
Create huge eight-voice sounds by chaining two modules together
The four-voice JP-08 module can re-create the full eight-voice glory of the original Jupiter by chaining two of them together. Even better, in chain mode you can control sound parameters for both modules from the master module. That means you can sweep filters, manipulate LFOs, and tweak other parameters across both modules without having to try to turn multiple knobs simultaneously.
Portable music production with 16-step, 16-pattern step sequencer
You don't need an external sequencer or keyboard to have fun with the Roland JP-08 synth module. It packs a 16-step sequencer, which allows you to save up to 16 patterns. And because you can power it with four AA batteries, and it has a built-in speaker, you can sketch out song ideas anywhere.
Combine with Roland's K-25m keyboard dock for a complete mini synth
If you want to turn the JP-08 module into a complete keyboard synth, just connect it to Roland's K-25m keyboard dock (sold separately). The K-25m is made specifically for Roland's Boutique Series of synth modules, and offers 25 velocity-sensitive keys.
Roland JP-08 Four-voice Synthesizer Module Features:
- Compact, portable synth module based on the iconic Jupiter-8 synthesizer
- Uses Roland's Analog Circuit Behavior modeling to re-create the character of the original Jupiter
- Multiple modules can be chained for more voices
- Ample hands-on control with 36 knobs and sliders
- Includes extra waveforms and VCO range not found on the original Jupiter
- Ribbon controllers for pitch bend and modulation
- Powered via 4 AA batteries or USB
- Built-in mini speaker
- Can be used as a 24-bit/44.1kHz USB audio interface
- Compatible with the optional K-25m keyboard dock (sold separately)
A legendary synthesizer is re-born in the Roland JP-08!