Night Train G2 - the next generation with extreme looks, power and versatility! A versatile amplifier lineup that will thrive in any music scene
- Robust all tube sound with class AB design; the pre-amp is driven by three 12AX7 tubes, while the power amp contains two EL84 tubes (two EL34 tubes on the NT50H-G2)
- Two-channel BRIGHT/GIRTH design that covers the spectrum from VOX's traditional clean/crunch sound all the way to a modern high-gain sound. You can use an optional foot switch to change channels
- The THICK switch provides an additional gain boost (the NT15H/NT15C1 provides this only on the BRIGHT CH; the NT50H provides it for both BRIGHT/GIRTH channels).
- Excellent expandability, with send/return jacks for convenient connection of an external effect unit
- High-quality reverb is a new addition on all models, making this the only unit you need to complete your sound
- The lineup also includes the V212NT-G2 and V112NT-G2 dedicated speaker cabinets that are a perfect match for the Night Train G2 amp heads
- The NT15H-G2 sports a black metallic mirror finish and is equipped with a suitcase-type handle redolent of vintage taste
Distinctive within the VOX amp lineup for its metallic mirror-finish exterior, the Night Train series provides an easy way to enjoy VOX's traditional full-tube sound even in small private spaces, and now it's been powered-up in a big way. The overall sound has also been enhanced, featuring full robust tube sound in a class AB design with three 12AX7 tubes in the pre-amp stage and power amps boasting two EL84 tubes.
The two-channel design delivers not only the traditional VOX clean and crunch sounds, but also modern high-gain sounds as well. We've also added dedicated cabinets that are a perfect match for the amp heads, making the Night Train G2 a diverse lineup that conveniently covers all your needs for full-tube amps, from compact amp heads and combo amps to large amp heads for studio-class stages. In any music scene, you'll be able to experience serious full-tube sound any time and in any place.
Traditional VOX all tube sound using vacuum tubes in both pre- and power-amps
VOX's traditional tube sound is alive and well on the Night Train G2. The class AB design delivers awesome power, with a preamp containing three 12AX7 tubes and a power amp containing two EL84 tubes on the NT15H-G2/NT15C1 and two EL34 tubes on the NT50H-G2. With the wide ranging Night Train G2 lineup, you'll enjoy distinctively fat tube amp tone in any situation.
GIRTH/BRIGHT two-channel design provides a wide range of tonal character
Each model offers up two channels with a differing tonal character: GIRTH and BRIGHT. The GIRTH channel has a powerful modern high-gain sound that's unparalleled even among VOX amps. It's also ideal for the guitarist who seeks an even heavier sound. The BRIGHT channel provides VOX's distinctive clean/crunch sounds and also features a THICK mode that bypasses the tone control circuit and boosts the gain to obtain a thicker tone, achieving a rich variety of tonal character. An optional VFS2A foot switch can be used to switch between the two channels with your foot, for convenience during your live performances.
For the guitarist who seeks more originality, the Night Train G2 provides send/return jacks that are a convenient way to connect an external effect unit to your amp. You can easily connect your favorite effect units without impairing the potential of the Night Train G2, dramatically expanding your sound-shaping possibilities. A high-quality reverb has been added to all models, letting you obtain a broad variety of sounds without needing to involve any other equipment.
Dedicated speaker cabinets
We've provided dedicated speaker cabinets that are the perfect match in both sound and looks for the Night Train G2 amplifier heads with their cool-looking mirror finish. The V212NT-G2 contains two of the G12H anniversary model speakers that were specially produced to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Celestion Company, and is a great match for a high-gain tone. The V112NT-G2 contains one classic Celestion G12M greenback speaker. Both units feature a rounded retro exterior.
New suitcase-type handles overflowing with vintage feel
Like previous Night Train models, the NT15H-G2 and NT50H-G2 amp heads carry on the cool-looking modern design with VOX's trademark diamond grille and vacuum tube circuitry that's visible through the punched metal. The distinctive mirror finish has been changed to metallic black for an even more distinctive appearance on stage. All models use suitcase-type handles that are brimming with vintage appeal, providing these units with a truly distinctive look.
- Output Power: 15 Watts RMS into 8Ω or 16Ω
- Tube Complement: Preamp: 12AX7 (x3) Power amp: EL84 (x2)
- Inputs/Outputs: Guitar input, FX Loop (Send/Return), Foot switch, 1 x Speaker output (16 Ω), 1 x Speaker output (8 Ω) / 2 x Speaker output (16Ω)
- Controls: Master Volume, BRIGHT/GIRTH channel switch, Reverb, Dark switch, GIRTH channel – “Gain, Volume”, BRIGHT channel - “Gain”, THICK switch, TONE – “Bass, Middle, Treble” (In common for the both “GIRTH & BRIGHT” channel)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 370 x 155 x 180 mm / 14.57 x 6.10 x 7.09 inches
- Weight: 7.3 kg / 16.09 lbs
- Options: VFS2A footswitch
- Accessories: Power cable, High Performance VOX Custom Speaker Cable (16AWG)
V112NT-G2 Speaker Cabinet
- Max Input: 25 W RMS (16Ω)
- Speaker: 12” Celestion G12M Greenback (x 1); 16Ω
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 495 x 260 x 415 mm / 19.49 x 10.24 x 16.34 inches
- Weight: 12.7 kg / 28.00 lbs