Boss AD2 Acoustic Preamp
Should online/store price differ, you are entitled to the lesser price! See T&C’s
The BOSS AD-2 Acoustic Preamp gives you a natural acoustic sound and is the ideal addition to carry every where you take your acoustic-electric guitar. BOSS AD-2 Acoustic Preamp is the ideal pedal for acoustic-electric guitarists who desire natural studio quality while gigging. The BOSS AD-2 Acoustic Preamp uses the advanced BOSS sound engine with great functionality inside small size and easy to use interface. Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of your unplugged tone, while Ambience provides pro-level reverberation perfectly optimised for acoustic guitar. The AD-2 also features essential stage tools such as a notch filter for feedback control, a balanced DI out for direct connection to a PA, and a convenient mute function for tuning and switching guitars.
The tone of an acoustic guitar is created by the complex interaction of sounds from its body, top, strings, and other elements. And as you play with varying techniques, dynamics, and more, this interaction constantly evolves to create the rich, woody sound we love. Unfortunately, the standard under saddle piezo pickups installed on most stage guitars simply can’t reproduce this resonant complexity. The AD-2’s Acoustic Resonance effect solves this issue by analysing the input signal as you play,and then employing advanced processing to beautifully recreate your guitar’s naturally evolving tone. Twisting the one-knob control adjusts multiple parameters inside the AD-2 to achieve the perfect tonal balance for any style, from delicate fingerpicking to intense strumming.
After using Acoustic Resonance to bring back your guitar’s natural, intimate tone, adding some further depth and dimension with a little reverb makes it that much better. With the AD-2’s Ambience effect, you can dial in studio-quality reverb for any performing environment. Unlike standard reverbs that can cloud an acoustic guitar’s sound, the optimised BOSS algorithms in the AD-2 produce lush,deep ambience that perfectly complements your instrument’s voice. Like the Acoustic Resonance effect, a simple one-knob control tweaks many interlocked parameters under the hood, giving you access to a wide range of detailed reverb sounds.
The AD-2 features two independent outputs for performance flexibility. Connect the Output jack to your acoustic guitar amp or stage monitor, and use the Line Out to send a balanced signal direct to the PA mixer. It’s even possible to turn off the Ambience effect in the Line Out signal, giving the PA engineer the flexibility to add their own reverb at the board. And if you encounter any low-frequency feedback issues on stage, the AD-2’s notch filter has you covered. As soon as you hear that familiar rumble, just turn the Notch knob until it goes away. It’s that easy!
- Acoustic-electric guitar preamp with advanced BOSS sound processing
- Sophisticated under-the-hood processing with multiple interlocked parameters, accessible with simple stompbox controls
- Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of an unplugged acoustic
- Ambience knob provides wide-ranging, studio-quality reverb optimized for acoustic guitar
- Notch filter for instant feedback reduction
- Normal output for an acoustic guitar amp and balanced DI output for direct PA connection
- Sound mute function for switching guitars and tuning on stage
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level-20 dBu
- Input Impedance10 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT jack: -20 dBu
- LINE OUT jack: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- OUTPUT jack: 1 k ohm
- LINE OUT jack: 600 ohmsRecommended Load Impedance
- OUTPUT jack: 10 k ohms or greater
- LINE OUT jack: 600 ohms or greater
- BypassBuffered bypass
- ControlsPedal switch
- ACOUSTIC RESONANCE knob
- AMBIENCE knob
- NOTCH knobIndicator
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)Connectors
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- DC IN jack
- Power SupplyAlkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22)
- AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw55 mAExpected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline: Approx. 6 hours
- These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- AccessoriesOwner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
- Option (sold separately)
- AC adaptor (PSA series)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width73 mm 2-7/8 inches
- Depth129 mm 5-1/8 inches
- Height59 mm 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery) 450 g 1 lb
- 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Derringers Music is not just another music store but a service-oriented business that puts you and your music at the centre of everything we do. To meet your needs we offer thousands of products online and in our stores. At Derringers, we continually work to present highly competitive pricing and above all to be fair, reliable and prompt in our service, sales and advice. Our advertising and web store presents to you with the most popular and sought after goods, either available at the time of your purchase or imminently arriving in the near future. Every effort is made to preserve the relationship with you as a highly-valued and long-term customer.
To this end we ask that you read our terms and conditions here.