Boss CP1X Compressor
Should online/store price differ, you are entitled to the lesser price! See T&C’s
The BOSS CP-1X Compressor is the single pedal choice for compression for expressiv eguitarists and performers. The BOSS CP-1X Compressor uses Boss's MDP technology, the CP-1X is a new type of multi band compressor for guitar that preserves the character of your instrument and technique for unlimited musical expression. Intelligent processing analyses your signal in multiple dimensions as you play, providing advanced dynamics control that never colours. or muddies your tone like typical stompbox compressors can. The simple, four-knob interface makes it easy to dial in sophisticated results, while the handy gain reduction indicator always shows you how much compression is being applied. Optimised for all types of guitars, the CP-1X offers next-generation performance for every style of music.
When you first plug into the CP-1X, you’re in for a totally new guitar compressor experience. Typical stompbox compressors colour and restrict your sound, and are hard to dial in for various playing styles. The innovative CP-1X eliminates these drawbacks and more, opening up a world of expressive potential. The powerful MDP engine analyses your guitar’s many different tonal elements in real time, providing natural compression that intelligently follows and adapts to your playing. With this high-tech approach, your true tone and technique always comes through, even when using aggressive settings for that effected “squish.”
No matter what kind of guitar or style you play, the CP-1X always delivers rich, musical tone. From mellow phrases and arpeggios to heavy rhythms, fast solos, and beyond, every playing nuance remains detailed and defined. The pedal also provides superior performance for chicken picking’ country licks, funky rhythm grooves, and other standard guitar compressor applications, and works great as a booster thanks to its punchy, transparent sound. On seven- and eight-string guitars, the CP-1X easily controls upper-range dynamics without compromising your powerful low-end tone. And when used with acoustic-electric guitar, the natural, lush overtones are fully preserved as you go from gentle fingerpicking to full-chord strums.
With the knobs on most pedal compressors, what you see is what you get. Not so with the CP-1X, as the pedal’s controls interact with each other at a highly detailed level. When you turn a knob, numerous interlocked parameters are adjusted under the hood at once. This gives you dynamics control and tone shaping ability that far exceeds standard compressor pedals, providing results previously attainable only with high-end studio processing. The good news is that you don’t need to be a sound engineer to use the CP-1X—its sophisticated MDP processing has been meticulously fine-tuned by the BOSS engineers to let you dial in ultra-polished tone with familiar stompbox controls.
The CP-1X features pro-level 18-volt input circuitry that provides ample headroom for the hottest guitar pickups, ensuring exceptional clarity with any instrument. A 16-segment gain reduction indicator clearly displays the compression amount, making it easy to see what the pedal’s doing. The CP-1X’s noise performance is also extremely low in comparison with other compressors, another huge benefit brought by BOSS technology.
- Next-generation guitar compressor that uses BOSS’s advanced MDP tech to preserve musical expression
- Intelligent circuitry adapts to every register and playing nuance, providing natural compression with exceptional clarity
- Sophisticated under-the-hood processing with multiple interlocking parameters, accessible with simple stompbox controls
- Gain reduction indicator shows the current compression amount at a glance
- Digital circuitry greatly reduces noise, a common problem with standard compressors
- Professional 18-volt input electronics provide ample headroom for clean, punchy sound
- Works with all types of guitars, including seven- and eight-string instruments and acoustic-electrics
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level-20 dBu
- Input Impedance1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level-20 dBu
- Output Impedance1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance 10 k ohms or greater
- BypassBuffered bypass
- Pedal switch
- COMP knob
- RATIO knob
- ATTACK knob
- LEVEL knob
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- GAIN REDUCTION indicatorConnectors
- INPUT jack
- OUTPUT jack
- DC IN jack
- Power SupplyAlkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
- AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Working Voltage 18 V
- Current Draw90 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use Alkaline: Approx. 3 hours
- These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)Option (sold separately)
- AC adaptor (PSA series)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width73 mm 2-7/8 inches
- Depth129 mm 5-1/8 inches
- Height59 mm 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery)450 g
- 1 lb* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Derringers Music is not just another music store but a service-oriented business that puts you and your music at the centre of everything we do. To meet your needs we offer thousands of products online and in our stores. At Derringers, we continually work to present highly competitive pricing and above all to be fair, reliable and prompt in our service, sales and advice. Our advertising and web store presents to you with the most popular and sought after goods, either available at the time of your purchase or imminently arriving in the near future. Every effort is made to preserve the relationship with you as a highly-valued and long-term customer.
To this end we ask that you read our terms and conditions here.