Boss RV500 Reverb effect pedal
Derringers Music is pleased to bring you the Boss RV-500 reverb. This is not any old reverb but is one of the highest quality stereo reverbs produced. Featuring Boss' legendary quality and attention to detail, this is the unit which you will use for the rest of your life ... it is a keeper. The Interstellar Journey to new dimensions of time and space with the RV-500, the most powerful and versatile reverb processor BOSS has ever produced. This multifaceted creation machine features class-defying 32-bit AD/DA along with 32-bit/96 kHz floating point processing and immense programmability, putting pro-level studio reverb and more at your feet.
Twelve modes and 21 newly developed reverb algorithms deliver a huge range of textures, from complementary ambience to deep, immersive sonic atmospheres. And thanks to the RV-500’s high-octane DSP, you can access a full-featured digital delay along with every reverb patch, and even run two reverb patches at once! Adding in MIDI I/O, support for external foot switch/expression control, and USB for connection to the free RV-500 Editor/Librarian software, the RV-500 is simply the most advanced reverb pedal available, bar none.
Inside the RV-500 are 21 top-quality reverb algorithms that enable you to shape any kind of space you can imagine. Each includes a massive range of adjustable parameters, from decay, density, and modulation to EQ, ducking, and more. Every algorithm has been newly developed specifically for this pedal, leveraging BOSS’s decades of expertise in advanced reverb design. On tap is everything from standards like room, hall, and plate to advanced reverbs like shimmer, non-linear, SFX, and many more. Also included are all-new recreations of the RE-201 Space Echo and SRV-2000 Digital Reverb, two revered Roland classics from the ‘70s and ‘80s.
Simultaneous Reverbs and Independent Digital Delay
With its powerhouse DSP engine, the RV-500 is far more than a one-effect device. To start, the pedal’s Dual mode provides two independent reverbs at once; you can feed them both with a full-range input, or with divided frequency ranges on each input to build rich, multi-range sounds. And when you employ A/B Simul mode, you can use any two RV-500 reverb patches at the same time, with your choice of series or parallel connection order and mixed or split A/B output. What’s more, each patch also includes a digital delay with a full set of parameters including modulation and EQ, plus the ability to set the reverb and delay effects for series or parallel operation on a per-patch basis.
The RV-500 features 32-bit/96 kHz AD/DA, exceeding all industry standards for pedal-based effects. All internal processing is 32-bit floating point and runs at a 96 kHz sampling rate as well, delivering pristine sonic quality that goes beyond the highest-level digital processors used in top pro studios. If you wish, you can run your analog dry tone straight through so it’s completely untouched with digital processing. You’re also able to select true-bypass or buffered-bypass operation to suit the needs of your setup.
Advanced Interface, Intuitive Operation
The RV-500 is equipped with a large LCD that clearly shows the patch name, delay time, and other vital performance information. It also makes it easy to view and adjust the unit’s deep editing parameters and advanced control features. With the grab-and-go panel knobs, you have top-level access to essential parameter adjustments like pre-delay, high and low EQ, and effect level. And via USB, you can connect with the free RV-500 Editor/Librarian on your computer for remote editing, patch backup, and more.
Intensive Real-Time Control
With its freely assignable switches and extensive support for real-time control, the RV-500 delivers unmatched creative expression and performance flexibility. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer intuitive control for patch/bank selection and bypass, plus tap tempo and real-time adjustment of various effect parameters. If you like, the switches can be customised to access three different reverbs patches, A/B Simul mode, and other functions. MIDI I/O opens the door to even more creative possibilities, offering deep control options with advanced setups.
RV-500 Modes and Algorithms
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes with 21 reverb types, all with deep editing parameters
- Includes a wide range of reverb types from standard to advanced, plus Roland classics such as the SRV-2000 Reverb and RE-201 Space Echo
- A/B Simul mode allows you to use two reverb patches at once
- Selectable carryover function allows reverb tails to continue with patch change or effect bypass
- Powerful DSP provides independent digital delay with modulation along with each reverb patch
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the RV-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW (to be available in early July 2017)
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
- Room—Four types: small, medium, large, and ambience.
- Hall—Three different hall sizes.
- Plate—Classic studio-style reverberation.
- Spring—Choose from one to three springs.
- Shimmer—Two voices of pitch-shifted reverb.
- Fast Decay—Unique reverb with quick decay for increased clarity.
- Early Reflection—Four types with envelope parameters to shape unique sounds.
- Non-Linear—Includes gate, reverse, and granular types.
- SFX—Three characterful reverb types for special effects: Lo-Fi, Slowverb, and Storm.
- Dual—Two independent reverbs that can accept a full-range or frequency-divided input.
- SRV—Recreates the Roland SRV-2000, a classic rack reverb from the 1980s.
- Space Echo—Recreates the Roland RE-201 Space Echo, one of the most coveted tape echo units ever made.
Sampling Frequency96 kHzAD/DA Conversion32 bitsProcessing32-bit floating pointModes12 modes
SPACE ECHOMemory198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])Nominal Input LevelINPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBuMaximum Input LevelINPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBuInput ImpedanceINPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohmNominal Output LevelOUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBuMaximum Output LevelOUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBuOutput ImpedanceOUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohmsRecommended Load ImpedanceOUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greaterBypassBuffered bypass or True bypass (with relays)ControlsA switch, B switch, TAP/CTL switch
DOWN button, UP button, EXIT button, EDIT button
MODE knob, TIME/VALUE knob, PRE-DELAY knob, E.LEVEL knob, LOW knob, HIGH knobDisplayGraphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD)ConnectorsINPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TSR phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
DC IN jackPower SupplyAlkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)Current Draw225 mAExpected battery life under continuous useAlkaline: Approx. 4.5 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.AccessoriesOwner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4Options (sold separately)AC adaptor: PSA-S series
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L
Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5SIZE AND WEIGHTWidth170 mm
6-3/4 inchesDepth138 mm
5-7/16 inchesHeight62 mm
2-1/2 inchesWeight (including battery) 1.0 kg
2 lbs 4 oz
Boss RV-500 Reverb effect pedal - Video
Derringers Music is not just another music store but a service-oriented business that puts you and your music at the centre of everything we do. To meet your needs we offer thousands of products online and in our stores. At Derringers, we continually work to present highly competitive pricing and above all to be fair, reliable and prompt in our service, sales and advice. Our advertising and web store presents to you with the most popular and sought after goods, either available at the time of your purchase or imminently arriving in the near future. Every effort is made to preserve the relationship with you as a highly-valued and long-term customer.
To this end we ask that you read our terms and conditions here.