Items 1-32 of 134
- Fender Venice Soprano Uke, Walnut Cherry Ukulele$109In Stock & Available
- Fender Venice Soprano Uke, Walnut Natural Ukulele$109In Stock & Available
- Fender Venice Soprano Uke, Walnut Black Ukulele$109In Stock & Available
- Fender Venice Soprano Uke, Walnut Surf Green Ukulele$109
- Fender Venice Soprano Uke, Walnut Shell Pink Ukulele$109
- Fender Venice Soprano Uke, Walnut Daphne Blue Ukulele$109
- Fender Grace VanderWaal Moonlight Ukulele Navy Ukulele$139In Stock & Available
- Tanglewood TWMTWR Union Series Mandolin Wine Red Ukulele$189
- Tanglewood TUT14E Tiare Tenor Ukulele w- Pickup Ovankol With Bag Ukulele$189
- Tanglewood TWBU Banjo Ukulele + BONUS TUNER! Ukulele$279
- Tanglewood TWB18-M4 Union Banjo Tenor 4 String w- OGB Gig Bag & Aroma AT-355 Tuner$439
- Tanglewood Concert Ukulele Pack White$80In Stock & Available
- Tanglewood Concert Ukulele Pack Red Ukulele$80In Stock & Available
- Tanglewood Concert Ukulele Pack Hot Pink Ukulele$80In Stock & Available
- Tanglewood Concert Ukulele Pack Black Ukulele$80In Stock & Available
- Tanglewood TUT9E Tiare Concert Ukulele w- Pickup Spruce & Koa Ukulele$189
- Tanglewood TUT9B Tiare Concert Ukulele Spruce & Koa w- Gig Bag Ukulele$159In Stock & Available
- Tanglewood TUT8E Tiare Concert Ukulele All Koa with Pickup Ukulele$189
- Tanglewood TUT7B Tiare Soprano Ukulele All Koa w- Gig Bag Ukulele$149
- Tanglewood TUT6B Tiare Concert Ukulele All Flame Mahogany w- Gig Bag Ukulele$149
- Tanglewood TUT5B Tiare Soprano Ukulele All Flame Mahogany w- Gig Bag Ukulele$129
- Tanglewood TUT4 Tiare Concert Ukulele Spruce & Mahogany Ukulele$109In Stock & Available
- Tanglewood TUT3SB Tiare Concert Ukulele All Mahogany Sunburst Ukulele$109
- Tanglewood TUT3E Tiare Concert Ukulele All Black Walnut w- Pickup Ukulele$149
- Tanglewood TUT3 Tiare Concert Ukulele All Black Walnut Ukulele$109
- Tanglewood TUT20B Baritone Ukulele All Figured Ebony with Gig Bag Ukulele$169
- Tanglewood TUT20 Baritone Ukulele All Figured Ebony Ukulele$149
- Tanglewood TUT2 Tiare Soprano Ukulele All Black Walnut Ukulele$89
- Tanglewood TUT1SB Tiare Soprano Ukulele All Mahogany Sunburst Ukulele$99In Stock & Available
Buy UKULELES online with confidence at Derringers Music. Derringers Music is a South Australian owned music industry retail service store. Offering some of the best deals on UKULELES and take pride in our after sales service. Derringers Music delivers to Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Australia wide. Shipping daily! Find out about our best deals and sales at discount prices. Choose from hundreds of music industry known brands and thousands of products. Can't find it online? Bet we have it in store! Call us on 08-8371-1884. All competitors online and counter prices challenge! Try our best buy, low price challenge. Compare prices, shop online and get your best price.
The Ukulele originated from Hawaii and is a part of the lute family of musical instruments. Traditionally constructed of Hawaiian Koa wood and strung with gut strings the instrument gained huge popularity during World War II because of its small size made it highly portable for troops. During WW2 a boom in the production of ukuleles saw the instrument venture from the traditional Koa to be made by a variety of available timbers. Of these alternative timbers, Mahogany became one of the most popular choices. The original Hawaiian instruments were built in a range of sizes loosely following a similar string scale length as bowed instruments like the violin, ranging from the smallest Soprano through to Concert, Tenor, and Baritone. Modern ukuleles are even more varied ranging through to custom sizes just smaller than a half-sized guitar. With the modern ukulele, gut strings have given way to nylon strings as found on a classical guitar.
Conventionally the ukulele is tuned in the same intervals as the top four strings on a guitar with the fourth string tuned an octave above. A chord shape on a guitar's higher four strings is exactly the same as a ukulele but five tones higher. That means a guitar fitted with a capo at the fifth fret produces identical chord shapes. Everything a student learns on ukulele can be moved to guitar with ease.
Modern variants of the traditional family of soprano, concert, tenor, and baritone instruments have been expanded to include Guitarlele and Ubass (or Ukulele Bass) instruments. Originally shaped and constructed like a scaled-down classical guitar, ukuleles can now be purchased in a variety of novelty shapes mimicking electric guitar and even pineapple and skull shapes. Other ukulele variations include the Banjo-ukulele (Banjolele), Resonator Ukulele or traditional guitar shapes with a cutaway for playing high up the neck and also sophisticated pickup systems.
Schools who traditionally taught the Recorder (wooden whistle) as the basic instrument are now moving to the ukulele as a more versatile and fashionable instrument.
The standard Ukulele sizes are:
- Baritone Ukulele: 20 inch string length (30 inch overall instrument length)
- Tenor Ukulele: 17 inch string length (26 inch overall instrument length)
- Concert Ukulele: 14.75 inch string length (23 inch overall instrument length)
- Soprano Ukulele: 13.5 inch string length (21 inch overall instrument length)
Some famous musicians have been known to have originally composed some classic Hit Songs on ukulele including Paul McCartney and George Harrison, the latter composing the immortal love song "Something [in the way she moves]" on ukulele.
Most capital cities and large regional areas in Australia have Ukulele social groups such as the Adelaide Ukulele Appreciation Society.
Whether you are a Wahini from Waikiki or Uke Skywalker from Tatooine, you cannot have too many Ukeleles.