- How We Collect Personal Information
- Personal Information Collected
- Use of Information Collected
- What are the other ways we use your information
- Disclosure of Information Collected
- Access to personal information and keeping up-to-date
- What if you don’t want to provide us with your personal information
- Direct marketing
- Information Security
- Privacy Issues
- Contact Us
We are bound by and comply with the National Privacy Principles, as provided in the Federal Privacy Act 1988, and the subsequent amendments to this act. https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/privacy-act/
We may collect your personal information in various ways, including:
- directly from you via our stores or when you register to become a member of our website or Derringers Music marketing programs;
- from third parties, such as social media;
- from our own records regarding your previous purchases;
- when you visit our website (for more information on what information is collected, see "Cookies" and "Information Security" below); and
- from information in the public domain.
When you visit our website, we and/or our contractors collect general information about your visit which may include;
- your server address IP, geographical information;
- session cookies to recognise whether you are logged in or not;
- date and time of your visit;
- pages you accessed;
- the information you downloaded;
- and the type of Internet browser you used;
We and/or our contractors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website.
Any personal information Derringer Music collects through the course of normal business dealings can and will included;
- Postal Address;
- Email address;
- Phone numbers;
- Transaction details about your purchases made.
personal information Derringer Music collects will be used primarily for the purposes for which it was collected. Derringers Music does not sell or trade personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide you with our goods or services;
- to charge or bill your for those goods or services (including debt collection);
- to perform statistical analysis of customer shopping habits or other similar activities (for internal marketing purposes only);
- to send you information about our promotions and products; and
- to obtain feedback on how to improve our products or customer service.
Derringers Music does not send unsolicited e-mails. All our communications, emails have a clear opt out procedure if you choose not to receive them.
We’ve just told you some of the main reasons why we collect your information, so here’s some more insight into the ways we use your personal information including:
- identifying you or verifying your authority to act on behalf of a customer;
- telling you about other products or services that may be of interest to you, or running competitions and other promotions (this can be via email, telephone, SMS, iM, mail, or any other electronic means including via social networking forums), unless you tell us not to;
- assisting in arrangements with other organisations (such as loyalty partners) in relation to a product or service we make available to you;
- allowing us to run our business and perform administrative and operational tasks, such as:
- training staff;
- developing and marketing products and services;
- risk management;
- systems development and testing, including our websites and other online channels;
- undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis;
- determining whether a beneficiary will be paid a benefit;
- preventing or investigating any fraud or crime, or any suspected fraud or crime;
- as required by law, regulation or codes binding us; and
- for any purpose for which you have given your consent.
In some instances, it is necessary to disclose some of your personal information to third parties or contractors, such as providers of:
- delivery services;
- information technology services;
- data storage or processing services;
- billing and debt-recovery services;
- customer enquiries services;
- mailing service services; and
- market research or website usage analysis services.
However, Derringers Music will take reasonable steps to ensure our suppliers and contractors only use the information provided to them for relevant purposes.
In limited circumstances, Derringers Music may also disclose your personal information to:
- our professional advisors, such as our lawyers, accountants, and auditors;
- to government agencies or bodies, if we are required or authorised to do so by law; and
- organisations who manage the transfer or sale of our assets or business.
Derringers Music takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, our ability to do this depends to a large extent on you informing us of any changes or updates to your details.
Derringers Music will provide you with access to your personal information and/or allow you to correct that information so that it is accurate, complete or up to date, except in limited circumstances specified under the Privacy Act.
We encourage all requests for access to your personal information to be directed to us by emailing or by writing to us at our postal address. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you. This includes, but is not limited to, circumstances where giving you access would: be unlawful (e.g., where a record which contains personal information about you is subject to a claim for legal professional privilege by one of our clients); have an unreasonable impact on other people's privacy; prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity.
We will also refuse access where the personal information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings. If we refuse to give you access we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
If you request us to do so we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we disagree with your view about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by us, and you ask us to associate with that record a statement that you have a contrary view, we will take reasonable steps to do so.
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- manage or administer your product or service;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about other products or services that might better meet your financial, e-commerce and lifestyle needs.
Where lawful and practicable, you have the option of remaining anonymous (or using a pseudonym) in your dealings with Derringers Music.
For example, we understand that when customers visit our website they may not wish to become a member. We respect that and have provided visitors with the option to not sign up as a member and to drop out at any time if they no longer wish to be a member of the site.
We may conduct marketing activities via email, telephone, SMS, iM, mail, or any other electronic means. We may also market our products to you through third party channels (such as social networking sites). We will always let you know that you can opt out from receiving our third party or social media third party marketing offers.
Derringers Music store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- document storage security policies;
- security measures for access to our systems;
- only giving access to personal information to a person who is verified to be able to receive that information;
- electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption on our websites.
Derringers Music conform and use the standard of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, with credit card details and other information scrambled (encrypted) to minimise possible misuse by third parties.
During the final checkout process, a padlock/key is displayed on the top url area that indicates we have a secure site. Double click the padlock to see our certificate of authenticity.
Derringers Music does not store or keep complete credit card numbers from on-line transactions. The first and last three numbers of your credit card number are kept for order verification purposes only.
While every endeavour is made to ensure every shopping experience with us is a good one, in the event a credit card is used without the holder's authorisation, the card holder must notify their credit card provider in accordance with their reporting rules and procedures.
The internal network also has levels of security to ensure information of a sensitive nature is only accessible by authorised staff members.
All hard copies of information of a sensitive nature are stored securely and are not accessible by unauthorised persons.
Derringers Music will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text-only string of data that is entered into the cookie file or “memory” of the web browser on your computer. It will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
COOKIE name & COOKIE Description
- CART: The association with your shopping cart.
- CATEGORY_INFO: Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
- COMPARE: The items that you have in the Compare Products list.<
- CURRENCY: Your preferred currency
- CUSTOMER: An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
- CUSTOMER_AUTH: An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
- CUSTOMER_INFO: An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
- CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS: Stores the Customer Segment ID
- EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE: A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
- FRONTEND: You sesssion ID on the server.
- GUEST-VIEW: Allows guests to edit their orders.
- LAST_CATEGORY: The last category you visited.
- LAST_PRODUCT: The most recent product you have viewed.
- NEWMESSAGE: Indicates whether a new message has been received.
- NO_CACHE: Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART: A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
- POLL: The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
- POLLN: Information on what polls you have voted on.
- RECENTLYCOMPARED: The items that you have recently compared.
- STF: Information on products you have emailed to friends.
- STORE: The store view or language you have selected.
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS: The products that you have recently viewed.
- WISHLIST: An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
- WISHLIST_CNT: The number of items in your Wishlist.
Facebook receives data when you visit a site with a Facebook social plugin (e.g. a “Like” button). Facebook keeps this data for a maximum of 90 days. After that, they remove your name or any other personally identifying information from the data, or combine it with other people's data in a way that it is no longer associated with you. Learn more.
Twitter may tailor content for you based on your visits to third-party websites that integrate Twitter buttons or widgets. When these websites first load Twitter buttons or widgets for display, Twitter receives Log Data, including the web page you visited and a cookie that identifies your browser ("Widget Data"). After a maximum of 10 days, Twitter start the process of deleting or aggregating Widget Data, which is usually instantaneous but in some cases may take up to a week. While Twitter has the Widget Data, they may use it to tailor content for you, such as suggestions for people to follow on Twitter. Tailored content is stored with only your browser cookie ID and is separated from other Widget Data such as page-visit information. This feature is optional and not yet available to all Twitter users. If you want, you can suspend it or turn it off, which removes from your browser the unique cookie that enables the feature. Learn more about the feature here or about Twitter’s privacy practices at https://twitter.com/privacy/.
LinkedIn receives information about non-associated web pages you have visited if you are logged into LinkedIn and visit a third party site that embeds LinkedIn professional plugins, like “Share on LinkedIn” for web publishers. LinkedIn will use this information to personalise the LinkedIn-provided functionality, including providing you insights from your LinkedIn network, allowing you to share information with your network, enabling you to use LinkedIn functionality off the LinkedIn site and serving you more relevant advertising. Users wishing to disable this personalisation may opt-out of this feature. Further information can be found at.
Our website contains links to other sites, however no personal information is exchanged. These links are for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any of these sites.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information, we want to hear from you. You are always welcome to contact us. You can contact us;
- by filling out the below email contact;
- by postal mail, over the phone;
- or in person at our stores location.
We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing by our customers. Most complaints are resolved quickly and we take your enquiries seriously.
If you have any comments, suggestions or questions in relation to privacy, please contact us:
66-72 Leader St Forestville SA 3035 Adelaide South Australia
08 8371 1884