Roland SPD-SX Electronic Sample Drum Trigger Pad
Should online/store price differ, you are entitled to the lesser price! See T&C’s
The Roland SPD-SX Electronic Sample Drum Trigger Pad puts powerful sample creation and playback under your sticks with innovative audio-capturing features, expressive playability, three multi-effects engines, and much more.
The perfect addition to any acoustic or electronic drum kit, percussion setup, DJ booth, or keyboard rig, the SPD-SX is equally at home on the live stage, in the recording studio, pre-production suite, or dance club. The SPD-SX takes many of the proven concepts from its predecessor and raises them to a new level. Whether you’re firing off one-shot samples, looped phrases, or complete audio playback tracks, the SPD-SX is loaded with the latest technology and tools to get the job done with speed, precision, and convenience. Enjoy the most advanced triggering and sampling technology in a sleek, easy-to-use percussion instrument.
The Playing Field
The SPD-SX is equipped with nine highly sensitive rubber pads with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons. Roland’s most advanced triggering technology ensures the ultimate in accuracy and fully dynamic performance, while a large backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in all varieties of environments. Each pad has a companion LED that illuminates to show the pad’s status. When you trigger sample phrases, the LEDs remain lit to show you which pads are in play and which are not. In addition, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity (similar to level meters on a mixing board). The high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly onstage.
- Unique sampling-pad concept — the only instrument of its kind in the world
- 4 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 720 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
|Pads||Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators)
* Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
|Maximum Polyphony||20 voices
* Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
|Number of Recordable Wave Data||10,000
* Including preload wave data.
|Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data)||Approx. 360 min. in stereo (720 min. in mono)
* Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
|Data Format||16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)|
|Sampling Frequency||44.1 kHz|
|Kit Chain||8 chains (20 steps per chain)|
|Effects||Master Effects (21 Types)
Kit Effect 1 (20 Types)
Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
|Display||Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots|
|Connectors||PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)DC IN jack
USB MEMORY connector
|Interface||Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)|
|Power Supply /
|DC 9 V (AC Adaptor) /
|Accessories||CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
|SIZE AND WEIGHT|
Derringers Music is not just another music store but a service-oriented business that puts you and your music at the centre of everything we do. To meet your needs we offer thousands of products online and in our stores. At Derringers, we continually work to present highly competitive pricing and above all to be fair, reliable and prompt in our service, sales and advice. Our advertising and web store presents to you with the most popular and sought after goods, either available at the time of your purchase or imminently arriving in the near future. Every effort is made to preserve the relationship with you as a highly-valued and long-term customer.
To this end we ask that you read our terms and conditions here.